Sniffer, the giant and fluffy dinosaur mob, chosen by the fans in last year’s Mob Vote is finally a part of Minecraft, and you can meet it right now. But, unlike other existing mobs in Minecraft, it doesn’t spawn naturally. Moreover, you can’t even trigger its spawning in any way, but it’s still one of the most iconic mobs in the game. So, with no time to waste, let’s learn how to find Sniffer in Minecraft 1.20.
Find Sniffer in Minecraft 1.20 (2023)
Note: Sniffer is only available as an experimental feature of Minecraft Snapshot 23W07A. All its mechanics and features are subject to change before the final release.
Also Check :
What Is Sniffer in Minecraft
Sniffer is a new passive mob that’s making its way into the game with Minecraft 1.20 update. Just like Allay, it is a functional mob and also the winner of Minecraft Mob Vote 2022. Sniffer roams around the overworld and sniffs out ancient seeds from the ground. Then, you can pick up these seeds and plant them to grow rare plants in Minecraft. The seeds found by the Sniffer are exclusive and can’t be obtained naturally.
As per the official changelog, this is the first “ancient” mob to make it into Minecraft. Who knows, if everything goes right, we might get a whole family of ancient mobs in the upcoming updates. For now, let’s figure out how to meet this fluffy ancient mob.
Where Does Sniffer Spawn
Sniffer is one of the only few mobs in Minecraft that can’t spawn naturally. Instead, you have to find its ancient egg and hatch it to spawn the Sniffer. Unlike the original teaser, the Sniffer egg will spawn inside suspicious sand, which is a new block coming with Minecraft 1.20 alongside archaeology features.
You have to use a brush to unearth the egg and release a Snifflet. The Snifflet (i.e. the baby variant of the Sniffer) takes a few minutes to grow into its adult form. Then, it’s just you and the Sniffer finding ancient seeds for your new garden.
How to Spawn Sniffer in Minecraft 1.20
Note: With the release of Snapshot 23W07A, the Sniffer egg is now a part of Minecraft. So, the only viable way to spawn this new mob is with the help of creative inventory and in-game commands.
Create Minecraft World
Follow the steps below to enable all the new Minecraft 1.20 features, including the Sniffer mob, in your game:
1. First, open Minecraft and select the “Singleplayer” option on the homepage.
2. Then, click on the “Create New World” button located at the bottom of your screen.
3. Next, click on the “Game Mode” button and set it to creative. Also, click the “Allow Cheats” button to turn it on.
4. Then, click on the “Experiments” button and turn on “Update 1.20”. Then, click on the “Done” button to save the settings.
5. Finally, click the “Create New World” button. If the game warns you about the experimental features, click on the “Proceed” button to continue.
Spawn Using Sniffer Egg
Follow these steps to spawn the Sniffer in your Minecraft world:
1. First, press the “E” key or your dedicated inventory key. This will open up the creative inventory.
2. Then, search for “Sniffer” in the search bar. The game will show you the “Sniffer spawn egg“. Click to pick it up and then place it in your own inventory.
3. Finally, equip the “Sniffer spawn egg” and right-click or use the secondary action key to spawn the Sniffer. If you use the egg in a small space, the Snifflet will spawn instead.
How to Spawn Sniffer Using a Command
If you don’t want to go the “creative mode” route to spawn the Sniffer, you can also use Minecraft commands to get the job done. This gives you more freedom and inventiveness around the same.
To spawn the Sniffer, you can use the following command in your chat menu:
This command will spawn a Sniffer at your current spot. Meanwhile, you can use the following command to spawn a Snifflet:
Meet Sniffer in Minecraft Today
With that, you now know how to find the Sniffer in Minecraft 1.20 and unlock a series of adventures. But it isn’t the only new mob we are getting in Minecraft 1.20. If you don’t know already, we suggest you meet the new camels of Minecraft as well. They are passive mobs that spawn in the desert villages. Moreover, unlike the huge Sniffer, you can ride a camel in Minecraft with a friend, which makes them a great resource for combat. Having said that, how are you going to make the most of the new Sniffer mob? Tell us in the comments below!