Whether or not you play in your smartphone or a PC, Roblox error code 279 is a dreadful nightmare that hampers gameplay expertise throughout quite a lot of platforms. In contrast to different errors, it doesn’t have a hard and fast purpose, which makes it trickier to resolve. Fortunately, we’ve got examined and handled this error on a variety of units so that you simply don’t must. Now, all that’s left so that you can do is comply with our information and discover ways to repair Roblox error code 279 on Home windows, Mac, and cellular units. With that mentioned, let’s dive proper in!
What’s Roblox Error Code 279
Error code 279 is among the most typical Roblox errors seen by gamers in latest months. It displays points along with your web connectivity, direct blockage over the Roblox app, and at occasions, even errors with the Roblox servers. Because it doesn’t have any fastened trigger, there’s additionally no everlasting answer to resolve this error. You must discover a appropriate answer that works for you, every time the error seems in your system.
Roblox error code 279 is often brought on due to the next causes:
- Web Connection: Undesirable restrictions over your web both by your system or service supplier.
- Developer Points: Errors or ongoing upkeep for Roblox’s official servers.
- Firewall Issues: Your system can generally prohibit Roblox from connecting with its servers.
- Corrupted Cached Knowledge: Quickly saved information, which is meant to assist Roblox run sooner, can generally get corrupted and stop the sport from launching correctly.
Learn how to Repair Roblox Error Code 279 on Home windows
Home windows customers are most vulnerable to getting the Roblox error code 279. Happily, in addition they have probably the most numerous set of options to make the app work and get again on observe in time. We propose you undergo every answer sequentially till you discover one thing that works for you. In the meantime, in the event you face points updating Roblox in your Home windows PCs, take a look at the linked information for fixes.
At occasions, the Roblox 279 error happens when the official Roblox server goes into upkeep. In that case, the best choice for you is to attend for the server to return again on-line. So, earlier than transferring on to some other answer, you must first test the standing of Roblox servers on the official standing tracker (right here). If the server is up and working with none points, proceed studying to seek out different dependable options.
Add an Exception to the Firewall
Whereas the firewall in your system is meant to guard you from the sketchy facet of the web, it might probably find yourself turning into an unintentional barrier to Roblox at occasions. So, comply with these steps to stop your firewall from blocking Roblox on Home windows:
1. First, press the Home windows key in your keyboard to open the Begin menu. Then, kind “Permit an app by Home windows Firewall” in its search bar and open the firewall settings from the outcomes.
2. Subsequent, click on the “Change Settings” button on the high proper of the app checklist. It should open the app checklist and will let you add new exceptions.
3. Then, in case you are utilizing the Roblox Participant to run the sport, you first want so as to add that to the app checklist. To take action, click on on the “Permit one other app” button situated on the backside proper.
4. After that, click on the “Browse” button throughout the new pop-up window and discover Roblox’s executable file. It’s the important “.exe” file utilizing which you launch the sport. As a rule, yow will discover it as a desktop shortcut or throughout the default listing linked beneath. Click on on the “Add” button after deciding on Roblox.
5. The Microsoft retailer model of Roblox mechanically seems within the firewall app checklist, and now, the Roblox participant will too. Now, make sure that to tick each checkboxes in entrance of both model of Roblox and click on the “OK” button to avoid wasting the adjustments.
And that’s it. Home windows Firewall will now not disrupt your connection to the Roblox servers, and you’ll play the very best Roblox video games with your folks with ease.
Reset Web Settings
At occasions, Home windows customers customise their default web settings for quite a lot of functions. This seemingly innocent customization can result in Roblox error code 279. So comply with these steps to revive your system to the default web settings:
1. To start, open the Begin menu by urgent the Home windows key, seek for “Management Panel,” and open the app.
2. Then, transfer to the “Community and Web” part throughout the Management Panel.
3. Then, on the subsequent web page, click on the “Web Choices” heading to launch a brand new pop-up window.
3. Then, click on on the “Superior” tab throughout the new Web Properties window.
4. Lastly, click on on the “Restore superior settings” button after which the “OK” button to reset your web settings.
Obtain Roblox’s Completely different Version
Very like Minecraft Java and Bedrock, players on Home windows PCs have the privilege of utilizing two editions of Roblox. If one fails to perform as a result of Roblox error code 279, you may simply change to a different one. The 2 editions of Roblox are:
- Roblox Participant: Downloadable as an executable file from Roblox’s official web site (go to). It’s essential entry an expertise to get the executable on the web site.
- Roblox App: Out there on Microsoft Retailer (Free) as a UWP (Common Home windows Platform) app
Reset Winsock and DNS Cache
Winsock is a default Home windows API chargeable for community protocol communication between totally different apps and your community. Moreover that, it additionally shops a catalog of details about totally different servers, their default necessities, and namesake suppliers.
For the aim of this information, it’s good to know that Winsock is a crucial communicator between you and the web. In the meantime, its catalog is the map it makes use of for that communication. If this catalog receives incorrect entries or is corrupted, you won’t be able to connect with some servers, which may result in Roblox error code 279. So, let’s determine tips on how to keep away from that by resetting Winsock:
1. First, open the Begin menu, kind “cmd” within the search bar to entry Command Immediate, and select the “Run as Administrator” possibility in the correct pane. On the sooner model of Home windows, you’ll have to right-click on the Command Immediate to seek out this feature.